Did you know that images can play an important part in your SEO strategy?
Images don’t just make your website look pretty. Optimising them can help increase the speed of your website, increase accessibility, and help your SEO. If you’re not using your photos in your strategy, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity.
Here are 5 of the top tips for how your images can help your SEO strategy:
- Make sure your images are website-quality ready. If you’re uploading large image files onto your site, chances are that it will slow your website right down. That’s going to lower your optimisation. What to do? Reduce your image size and use jpeg format (or ask your photographer to do it for you).
- Add Alt Tags to your images when you upload them. Not only does this increase accessibility for people who might have vision impairments, it also helps optimise your SEO.
- Use unique images wherever you can. The more original images you have, the better your odds for ranking on relevant searches. Plus, as an added bonus, it improves the experience for your audience.
- Customise your image file names before you upload to your website. Creating descriptive, keyword-rich names can really help your SEO.
- Don’t forget to add images to your sitemap. Having your images in your sitemap for your website actually increases the chances they will be found by search engines. After all, over 20% of searches in 2018 were done on Google images.
If you’re not making the most of your images in today’s website environments, you’re missing out on something that could impact the chances of your audience finding you on search engines. Not only that, your site might be slower and could be driving people away. Make sure you make the most of your image library.
If you’re thinking about improving your brand images and would like to speak to Claire, why not schedule a call?