Don’t like your photograph being taken but you know you need to do a professional portrait shoot for your online profiles?
Let me give you a little hint: You’re not alone.
About 95% of the people I photograph don’t like their image being taken. Some people are so nervous, they hold their breath for as long as the camera is pointed towards them. And it’s okay. I get it. I used to be like that too.
My job as a professional photographer is to not only take good images, but to make sure that you are comfortable while having your image taken. In fact that latter part is what I consider my most important job because, lets face it, if you’re anxious when I take your portrait, it really will show. Besides, I like my clients to be happy, during the shoot and after.
So I have taken a lot of time to figure out ways in which to help my clients to relax during their shoot. Here are my top tips:
Top Tips for being prepared for your photoshoot
- Make sure you’re wearing clothes that are comfortable for you but match the message you want to share about you.
- Meet in a location that helps you feel more relaxed (bring along a friend or partner if you think it will help, although most people find it more difficult to pose in front of someone they know).
- Be prepared. Bring extra clothes if you think you might want to change part way through.
- Speak to your photographer before you start your shoot. This can help build rapport
- Remember a few go-to poses that help you look good.
Tips for posing during your professional portrait shoot
Photographers like myself want you to look your best during the your portrait session. One of the key ways we do that is to guide you into some natural looking poses that won’t just look great but will help you feel more confident during your shoot.
We like to focus on the big three:
If we get your feet in the right position, your body shape will follow, and then we give you something to do with your hands.
In this video guide, professional model KYI helps me show you some handy tips so you can get prepared.
If you’re looking to book your professional headshot or portrait session with me, why not send me a message and I’ll be happy to help.